Location + Itinerary
Nature is never far away in Morocco. Desert, mountains, valleys and sea – the country has plenty to offer fans of the outdoors! Hikers of all levels will love walking the Moroccan mountains. Among the temperate peaks of the Rif mountain range, its cliffs jutting out into the Mediterranean make this under-explored region magical.
The lakes are packed with trout waiting for amateur fishermen. The more sporty will want to tackle the challenges of the Middle and Upper Atlas mountains on foot, by mountain bike or in a paraglider, or to practice mountain climbing, canyoning or pot-holing. Its summits can reach 4000m high. Ifrane, the little Moroccan Switzerland, may come as a pleasant surprise with its summer coolness, winter snow and traditional “mule-ski” trails.
Nothing is as indescribable as a stay on the edge of the desert… Head to Ouarzazate to discover its immensity and colours. At night, opt for an encampment in the desert, a chalet in the mountains and, wherever you are, bed and breakfast with the locals for an unforgettable and authentic experience. These are at the heart of the Moroccan identity, like palm trees, argan oil and the honey from its lavender.
Looking out over the Atlantic, you will be enchanted by the turquoise waters of Dakhla bay! There you will meet migratory birds and pink flamingos. In Morocco, every taste is naturally catered for!
- Day 1 - Depart the UK and fly to Marrakech. Once settled into accommodatoin there will be time to visit ‘Djenna el Fna’ square.
- Day 2 - You will travel to the High Atlas Mountains, the homeland of the Berbers. You will then travel on foot to the village of Aguersioual where you will stay for four days.
- Days 3-5 - You will be able to witness rural village life and during the next four days, your time will be split between trekking and helping the community with project work.
- Day 6 - You will travel from Imlil to Zagora and then onto Tidri Dunes. The journey is very scenic and there is a chance to see geological formations of the hills and gorges.
- Day 7 - The day will be spent trekking on camels and riding through the desert with local guides. You will camp in the desert for the night.
- Day 8 - After exploring the desert and sand dunes in the morning you will leave and drive to Agdz Oasis. The night will be spent in the Draa Valley region in kasbah close to the oasis.
- Day 9 - The scenic drive back to Marrkech through the Tizi n’Tichka pass. The afternoon will be spent exploring Marrakech’s famous square Jeema el Fna and all it has to offer, including food stalls and story tellers.
- Day 10 - Depart back to the UK.
What are you waiting for? Get started here...
Download Trip Guide
Simply fill in your first name and email in the boxes below and we will send you your FREE Destination Guide to Morocco