Location + Itinerary
The Republic of Namibia is located in the south- western part of Africa. It is one of the most fascinating and diverse countries in the world and a number 1 travel destination. Namibia is world famous for the highest dunes in the world at Sossusvlei and for the Etosha National Park, one of the World’s greatest conservation areas. It is a major tourist destination and popular due to it’s vast distances and tiny populations.
Travelers enjoy the desert vistas of the Namib Desert and some of the best game viewing in the world at Etosha National Park.
Part of the allure of Namibia is that it’s four countries in one. Four different landscapes, each with its own characteristics and attractions. The most definitive is the Namib, a long coastal desert that runs the length of the country and is highlighted with migrating dune belts, dry riverbeds and canyons. The central plateau is home the majority of Namibia towns and villages and is divided between rugged mountain ranges and sand-filled valleys. Next is the vast Kalahari Desert with its ancient red sand and sparse vegetation. Finally, Kavango and Caprivi, blessed with generous amounts of rain and typified by tropical forests, perennial rivers and woodland savannahs.
Namibia is truly unique, influenced by various cultures during colonization and now reborn from the shadows of Apartheid in 1990. What has emerged is a true sense of unity in diversity – the coming together of at least 11 major ethnic groups, each celebrating their past while working together toward the future. You’ll notice this in dress, language, art, music, sport, food and religion.
- Days 1-3 - The first three days consist of departing from the UK and arriving Windhoek, Namibia, and spending a day settling in to your new environment and acclimatising to the culture in this spectacular region of Africa.
- Days 4-9 - On Day 4 you will travel to your community project site. You will be either working alongside the locals at a rural school or orphanage, or helping with community renovation projects.
- Days 10-16 - After the community project, you will travel to the stunning Fish River Canyon, the second largest canyon in the World. The 90km route through is a truly magical wilderness experience as you will be camping throuout. Enjoy a soak in the hot springs after you’ve finished!
- Days 17-18 - You will then visit Sossusvlei which is one of the World’s most striking desert landscapes.
- Days 19-21 - On Day 19 you will travel to the Atlantic coast and enjoy a couple of days in Swakopmund. This is Namibia’s top adventure sports destination. There will be plenty of choice what to do there over the next few days.
- Days 22-24 - Next head out to Etosha National Park, one of the World’s best wildlife-viewing spots. The Nation Park is home to an incredible 114 species of mammal.
- Days 25-26 - Travel back to Windhoek and spend your last day in Namibia sightseeing or souvenir shopping before a big group meal out to celebrate the completion of your expedition.
- Days 27-28 - Depart and make the journey back to the UK.
What are you waiting for? Get started here...
Download Trip Guide
Simply fill in your first name and email in the boxes below and we will send you your FREE Destination Guide to Namibia