What are the benefits to the students that come on an expedition?
It’s understandable that one of the first questions you may have is “What do the students get from an expedition with The School Expedition Company?”
To which, our short answer would be…
What don’t they get from a trip like this?!
In all honesty, this trip will be the trip of lifetime. It will impact their lives on so many levels – both practically and emotionally – through the life skills they will learn.
On a practical level, they will experience how to:
- Discover the wider world, as well as the community and culture of different places.
- Learn how to become a team member and work at building relationships with other team members.
- Depending on the expedition you go on, they will learn new skills such as trekking, diving, or white water rafting.
Our expeditions will impact each other and every student (and teacher!) that participates.
The skills they learn will enrich and impact their lives in so many areas, including:
- Self confidence
- Self esteem
- Team work
- Resourcefulness and initiative (problem solving
Especially when sharing their expedition experiences with others, through their:
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media
- Video, Blogging and Vlogging
- Support and encouragement to reach their full potential
- Their health generally
- Fun Travel
- New Environments
- Different cultures
- Worthwhile projects
Challenges and adventure
- Learn Money Management and budgeting through the fundraising period.
Not to mention the impact it will have on their employment and/or university life, as they will be able to write their expedition experience down as an amazing addition to their CV!